I’m not sure what is going on or maybe it’s that I’ve been listening to too many rumors about the supposed financial difficulties that SL is in. Not sure. Perhaps it’s a bit of both. But, I can tell you that the time when I plan to pull the plug on supporting this virtual world is growing neigh.
As to my reasons. Hmm. That might be a long list. But, OK, let’s go with the main complaints I have at this juncture in time:
1) Repeated and aggravating sim and region crashes for no apparent reason. This has been going on for YEARS! SL has given a lot of lip service to the issue, but to my knowledge has never come up with a solution. Time to fix it or admit it!
2) Decreasing interpersonal bang for the buck. In case no one has mentioned it, the population of SL seems to be dwindling. Part of the reason for joining and paying for the Premium services was the idea of having others to talk with. At the current rate of attrition, I feel that in a few months I may have the world all to myself. (An exaggeration, but you get my drift).
3) The Service and Help Portal they offer is cold and indifferent. You can never talk to a real person when you have a problem. Contrast that to a company like Amazon where it’s like talking to family. And, I don’t even pay them $32 bucks a quarter for the privilege!
4) Too dam much crap has built up in this virtual world over the years! It’s in the skies, on the ground and just about everywhere you look on the Mainland. Getting around is like working your way through a minefield in many locations!
5) My avatar is situated on land on a sim that I really like and yet you cannot talk on it. You can on others, just not on the one where I have land. It that kosher?
Think, I’ll stop at just five for now. Won’t matter much anyway after I pull the cord. And, that’s a shame too. SL had many great possibilities back a few years ago. Now, it’s getting just a bit to much like the real world I live in right now.