Gun control seems to be big topic on the mind’s of Democrats everywhere. But it seems to be a stalemate issue, never going very far over the years. Well, I mean to change all that!
According to the stats from the last election, over 80 million voters went with Biden. Hurrah! By association then, that would indicate two important facts to me; 1) about half the adults in America identify as Democrats, and 2) they are all assumed to be anti-gun. (Sure, while it’s true that a few of them are perhaps avid hunters, I feel most are uncomfortable with any declared ‘weapon of war’ residing in their homes). So, I feel that asking them to make a ‘contribution’ to the effort would be widely accepted. Here’s my idea….
Beginning in 2021, I would like to see the DNC in conjunction with the White House, draft an ordinance, executive order or whatever, declaring that all registered Democrats must come forward and sign an affidavit that will state their promise of compliance in turning in any ‘assault’ weapon that meets any of the following criteria;
12276.1 (a) Notwithstanding Section 12276, “assault weapon” shall also mean any of the following:
- A semiautomatic, center fire rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:
- A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon.
- A thumb hole stock.
- A folding or telescoping stock.
- A grenade launcher or flare launcher.
- A flash suppressor.
- A forward pistol grip.
- A semiautomatic, center fire rifle that has a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.
- A semiautomatic, center fire rifle that has an overall length of less than 30 inches.
- A semiautomatic pistol that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:
- A threaded barrel, capable of accepting a flash suppressor, forward hand grip, or silencer.
- (B) A second hand grip.
- A shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel that allows the bearer to fire the weapon without burning his or her hand, except a slide that encloses the barrel.
- The capacity to accept a detachable magazine at some location outside of the pistol grip.
- A semiautomatic pistol with a fixed magazine that has the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.
- A semiautomatic shotgun that has both of the following:
- A folding or telescoping stock.
- A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon, thumb hole stock, or vertical hand grip.
- A semiautomatic shotgun that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine.
- Any shotgun with a revolving cylinder.
- “Assault weapon” does not include any antique firearm.
- The following definitions shall apply under this section:
- “Magazine” shall mean any ammunition feeding device.
- “Capacity to accept more than 10 rounds” shall mean capable of accommodating more than 10 rounds, but shall not be construed to include a feeding device that has been permanently altered so that it cannot accommodate more than 10 rounds.
- “Antique firearm” means any firearm manufactured prior to January 1, 1899.
Each Democrat would then willingly sign a statement under threat of perjury, testifying that they will willingly turn in any so described ‘assault’ weapon in their possession, that met any of the above criteria. Those in possession of said ‘assault’ weapon(s), would then have 90 days from the date of their signed declaration to turn in any and all contraband items for proper disposal, at any Republican office, located in any state. (Each firearm thereby submitted would also qualify that individual for a raffle ticket and a chance to win a new car in a Federal drawing to be announced).
Now, while this Democratic act would not eliminate all ‘assault’ weapons in America, it would allow the Democrats to experience a ‘feeling of heightened moral standards’ going forth! God bless both them and a gun free Democratic following!
[This proposal was forwarded to the White House and to various news outlets for their consideration and comments.]